

I think I may have discovered a new love for bread making. For a while now, I've been wanting to start baking my own bread because let's be honest nothing compares to the taste (and goodness) of freshly baked bread. When I was younger we had a few bakeries around our first home and each time I would walk past one, the wonderful smell of freshly baked bread would enrapture me. There was nothing quite like it. So, these past days have been spent in the kitchen, practicing different doughs and breads, trying different techniques and tricks, and hoping to master (one day) the art of bread making. I'm finding the whole process quite therapeutic. There's something very calming about kneading dough. It's like a big ball of love which you nurture, love, and shape in to something beautiful. It may take some time but the end result is worth it. And I believe my love affair with bread has now reached a whole new level.
Let the bread making adventures commence!
You've inspired me to make some bread tonight! It looks so lovely :)
ReplyDeleteThank you, would love to hear how it went!
DeleteIt looks lovely! I love the smell of freshly baked bread too :)
ReplyDeletexx
www.elisedopson.com
Thank you, it's amazing isn't it?
DeleteThese pictures. Ugh. So beautiful.
ReplyDeleteHomemade bread is the best. I like to substitute honey instead of brown sugar, I think that it tastes better. :)
ReplyDelete-Maryam
www.maryamnortonphotography.com
Yay! I love homemade bread, it is so amazing, and so fun, how you have to wait for it to rise, and the kneading!
ReplyDeleteThat looks like the making of something really good :) Nice use of lighting too!
ReplyDeletei've been thinking to start to learn to bake. it looks like fun. and i love bread. ha
ReplyDeleteDefinitely give it a try! :)
DeleteFresh bread + soft butter = heaven.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, beautiful photographs! I've been wanting to make bread sometime soon too! I've never quite mastered the art of it before- it's so much tricker than it seems, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteThank you Rosie! And yep definitely more trickier than it seems!
DeleteI love the exposure in these photographs - you really draw us in and I love how you've made the dough almost glow! It looks magical!
ReplyDeleteI'm not partiuclarly experienced in bread making, my mum's the true baker in our family , but the smell of fresh bread has ALWAYS been in our home and it reminds me of my childhood. Try making granary soda bread- oh.my.god. Amazing! So amazing! And embarrassingly easy - no yeast, no kneading.
Flora
www.twowithseven.blogspot.co.uk
Thank you so much. And thank you for the suggestion will definitely give it a try! :)
Deletelovely photos! my dad made some bread and I got a couple of snaps of it on my blog, its actually so interesting to take photos of!
ReplyDeleteG
http://quickgetmycamera.blogspot.co.uk
I love baking bread! It makes my arms ache like a bitch, but it's so rewarding. lol xx
ReplyDeletehttp://thepersephonecomplex.blogspot.co.uk/
I really love this post:) it makes me want to run home, bake a loaf of cinnamon raisin bread and drink some hot tea! It really is sooo soothing to knead a loaf and bake!
ReplyDeleteI adore your pictures! And yes bread baking is so great! I started learning a couple of years ago and I just love it so much. Kneading is most certainly therapeutic, I love feeling the dough come to life between my hands.
ReplyDeleteI am the biggest disaster in the kitchen...not only does it look like a tornado has whipped through it (stuff EVERYWHERE) the smoke alarm also cheers me on! oh dear! maybe one day I'll appreciate the serenity of it all - is bread a good place to start??
ReplyDeletetheartofwandering.blogspot.com
I am in love with these photos.
ReplyDeletexxx,
Lilla
http://lilycupcake.blogspot.com